Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Adventures of Jared in Frenchland

Bonjour! I don’t know who will read this but if you are reading this I will know that you read this. Right now, it’s 2 am and I cannot sleep. Wonderful! My body’s internal clock is still in Chicago time, where it is 7 pm. Oh and it’s Saturday night. I am doing my best to adjust. I still get hungry at noon (France time) though which is kind of weird because that is 5 am Chicago time. Weird. Well, as I said, I don’t know who will read this but I write to remember some of the adventures that take place in French land and to share my stories with you. Yes, you! It’s the simplest way for my thousands of fans to hear about me in France.

Okay, so I left Chicago sleep deprived because I planned on sleeping all 2.5 hours from Chicago to NYC and all 7.5 hours from NYC to Paris. To my surprise, I feel asleep before the plane took off from Chicago. Actually, not much of a surprise because I’m a good sleeper J. I woke up within 30 minutes because a little, brown, chubby girl of about the age of 12 who was next to me keep coughing. I then fell asleep again and I woke up about 30 minutes later. There’s nothing better than to wake up to a wet @*$. Yea, the girl who was next to me was, apparently, chugging her coke and she coughed it all out. Most of my butt got wet. So I had a pleasant ride with a wet butt. Fun!

The trip to Paris was normal. I couldn’t really sleep much. Upon getting to Paris, I walked forever to find the train station. I then took a 5 hour ride train. By then, I was so sleep deprived that I was jumpy. I made two good friends, who I will never see again, in my train ride—a high school boy and a girl who was going to Clermont-Ferrand to visit her boyfriend. We laughed, we ate, we argued. I argued that bigger is better and they would argue that smaller is cuter. Who is right??? Obviously me!

I then arrived at the Clermont train station where less people speak English. I was only able to arrive to Clermont because I would ask everyone in Paris and Lyon, “parlez-vous anglais?” If they did, which luckily I met the nicest people, they went the extra-mile just to help me. At the train station, I ate a sandwich. Wow, that’s when I realized how smaller is cuter. I got about a 9 inch loaf with cheese, one slice of ham, and some cream for 6.5 . I’m used to eating a foot-long from Subway with double meat. Maybe this is good to loose weight. That’s all I ate that day. From the Clermont train station, I took a taxi to my apartment where no one spoke Anglais. I checked in somehow and I was in a 12 hour coma. I was out. Because I didn’t have an alarm, I missed my 9 am tour with the other international students. I got ready and took the tram (local town train) for free because I didn’t know how to buy a freaking ticket. School is 25 minute walk and in the snow and cold weather it feels longer than that. Well, I finally got to school, got tons of papers, had a mini tour with two girls from Finland who were also late. For lunch, we met the rest of the students. Since then, I’ve made some great friends. Wiam is a girl from Morocco who showed me the city and has taken me shopping. There are also 7 or 8 students from el Tec de Monterrey so I speak a lot of Spanish. We’ve hung out the past two nights and that brings me to where I am.

I think I got bored writing this. I’m not good with this stuff so if this is my last entry I apologize in advance. Other than that, my dorm is. . . yea, something else. It’s tiny, empty, and crazy. I live in student dorms. Everything is shared. Craziness.

I have learned French people can be weird. They simply don’t do some things without logical explanation. Lines at stores and groceries are never ending. After waiting in line for hours I am ready to kill myself. The pace of life is too slow for me. Today I wanted to exchange dollars for Euros and the bank guy told me (not me but Wiam who helps me) that they only do that in the mornings. Wtf? Why only mornings? So weird. There’s tons of stuff like that that simply drives me nuts. Oh I also walk tons. I walk in slush so it’s nasty and I know that it’s only a matter of time before I fall, which is gonna suck.

Well, this is all for now. I’m sure I’ll write in a week or two again. Monday I begin my International Finance Intensif. Classes will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 5:00 with homework to do afterwards. Time to sleep. Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. haha legs. i love how the girl spilled stuff on your butt. always getting stuff on your butt. and i'm confused. big what is better???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read about your adventures in France since I cannot be there. :) Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, This blog post was very enjoyable to read. You better write more. You write better than you think. I also like the coke story and the money one. You truly are FEZ now.

    P.S. We miss you Coke Butt. That will be your new nickname. Love you tons. Be safe. Stop being too popular.

    ReplyDelete